when clicking on View submitted assignments - the site is getting stack

when clicking on View submitted assignments - the site is getting stack

by Raphael Goldman -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I have a course with 2 units, in one unit when pressing on the View Submitted assigments

everything works ok, in the other unit the page is not responsing,

I turned on the debug mode and got the foloowing error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in \lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 1218

This is line 1218:

$result = $this->mysqli->query($sql);

can please anyone help me solving this problem?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raphael Goldman

Re: when clicking on View submitted assignments - the site is getting stack

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Increase the maximum execution time in php.ini?

As you haven't given us any more information it's hard to be more specific.

You need to tell us the version of Moodle , what sort of OS you are running on etc. When did this start? How big is your course / how many assignments are there?

In reply to Howard Miller

תשובה ל: Re: when clicking on View submitted assignments - the site is getting stack

by Raphael Goldman -

Hi,

The version on moodle is 2.2.1 running under LINUX

I have one course with 3 units,

In the first unit I have 26 assigments, and the link to the submitted assignments is working fine.

In another unit I have 14 assigments and when clicking on that link, the page is browser doesn't responsd.

When I turned on the debug mode I got 3 errors:

the first is:

Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in XXXX\lib\dml\mysqli_native_moodle_database.php on line 1218

I don't know where to start cheking it,

I didn't find any regard to this in google

Thanks

תשובה ל: Re: when clicking on View submitted assignments - the site is getting stack

by Raphael Goldman -

Is there any way to catch the query that mysql try to perform and fail?

Re: תשובה ל: Re: when clicking on View submitted assignments - the site is getting stack

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You might have missed my comment above - try increasing the maximum executing time in your PHP's php.ini file (and restart the web server).

If that fixes it, good. Most likely you will have to check for slow queries in MySQL. Try this...

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/slow-query-log.html

In reply to Howard Miller

תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: when clicking on View submitted assignments - the site is getting stack

by Raphael Goldman -

Ok,

If I don't find the php.ini file I need to create it?

תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: when clicking on View submitted assignments - the site is getting stack

by Raphael Goldman -

Something that is very strange is that we did a restore to a previous date when there was no problem,

and the problem is still there, there are less assigments but still the link to view submission assigments lead to a crash.