Ability to combine books

Re: Ability to combine books

by AL Rachels -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Marti,

You can do what you want in a round-about way like I do. I have a "resource" category with courses where I put all my books organized by subject. So even though I might use the same written tutorial in more than one actual course, I have only one copy of it and link to it from other courses in Moodle via URL's in assignment descriptions. Doing it this way means I have only one place where I have to make updates if I need to make changes to the book contents.

The down side is that students have to enroll in all the different resource classes they happen to use. I have mine set up for self enrollment and the enrollment key is listed in the classroom assignment description.

Like you, I sometimes wind up with a book that would have an extremely long TOC. I break it up into separate books. I make one book the TOC for all the separate books and link to them via URL's. It is even possible to have links that go to ANY page in a book because it's URL contains both the book ID and chapter/subchapter ID.

Hope this helps,

AL

Average of ratings: Useful (1)