What's the latest estimate for the release of Moodle 1.5?

What's the latest estimate for the release of Moodle 1.5?

by Steven Geggie -
Number of replies: 8

In the future documentation, it indicates that Moodle 1.5 would be available in February 2005. 

Does anyone have a revised target date?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Geggie

Re: What's the latest estimate for the release of Moodle 1.5?

by Art Lader -
Hi, Steven,

Since school will be out in a few weeks here in Aiken, I am not in any big rush. I do understand, however, if you are eager for the new release. It looks like it is going to be super, doesn't it?

Well, enjoy your weekend. smile

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
The first thing I'm going to use is the random glossary linking in a side block. I want to "brainwash" my students on OSS: use an OSS piece of software rather then using a commercial product illigally wide eyes.
So I want to start a hidden glossary on the site front page wich discribes OSS alternatives for frequently used commercial products.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Steven Geggie

by Andrew Miller -

Howdy,

Just wanted to see if there was any update on this. We've been testing Moodle 1.4.x this semester and I was hoping to put in Moodle 1.5 this summer for the full roll-out next semester. In order to do that, I'd need to get in installed by July or so....thoughts on whether 1.5 will hit a July timeframe?

If we need to fall back and just do 1.4.5 for the next semester, that's fine....just wanted to check for planning purposes.

Thanks for all your work!

In reply to Andrew Miller

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I am going to be too embarrassed if it's not finished by the time I go overseas (June 8)!
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Andrew Miller -
Thanks....the information is much appreciated. smile

by Barron Koralesky -

Yes, thanks Martin!

I too will be looking to upgrade as early in the summer as possible so that we can do testing before the onslaught of students in late August.

Please keep us posted on how things are progressing.

by Norbert Berger -
Much appreciated. It IS super cool. I have a few companies and schools waiting in the wings. There is much excitement and anticipation.

Many thanks, Martin

Don't work yourself to death, though.
Best wishes

Norbert