TaskChain: selecting Navigation

TaskChain: selecting Navigation

by Glenys Hanson -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Gordon,

Unless I've missed something, when I create a task, Hot Potatoes exercise, in TaskChain, I don't see anywhere to select the Navigation.

When the task has been created I can go to Settings > Edit task > Up date and then I get Display > Navigation.

Would it be possible to be able to select the Navigation at the time of creating the task as it is in the HotPot Module?

Cheers,

Glenys

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: TaskChain: selecting Navigation

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Gordon,

I've been expermenting more with this and find that I can't save different Navigation and other settings in Settings > Edit Settings > Edit tasks. When I open the Task again it's reverted to the previous settings.

I seemed to have fewer problems yesterday so I wondered if you'd been workng on the site. I know full well trying to solve one problem can cause others. So I won't give you a list just yet - I'll wait and see what you've been up to.

Just a typo in:

Ignore voids
"Void attempts occur when a student starts a task but then does not attempt to answer an questions before leaving the task."

Cheers,

Glenys

In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for reporting this Glenys. I will have a look at it.
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Gordon,

There's no urgency for me - I'm just testing.

I at first assumed that I'd have to repeat the double process for each task (Hot Potato exercise). I realise now, that having chosen the navigation and other settings for the first exercise via Settings > Edit task > Up date, each new exercise (or set of exercises) will automatically have those settings until I choose something different. That seems quite efficient. I don't usually change settings for the individual exercises in a given chain, and I don't suppose others do either.

Cheers,

Glenys