Upgrading to 2.4 and lost some Activities

Upgrading to 2.4 and lost some Activities

by Per Hessellund -
Number of replies: 3

I have just upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4. Now I miss all the Activities witch are not a standard part of moodle, although I installed til Activities again. I can see the old registrations of content regarding the Activities in the database, but the Activities is not displayed in the courses.

Can someone tell me what to do?

BR Per

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Per Hessellund

Re: Upgrading to 2.4 and lost some Activities

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Have any full course backups (including users) of the 2.2 version prior to upgrade?

Moodle upgrades may not clean out tables from modules (add-ons) of which it is not aware so would think it not unusual to find some tables/references to those add-ons in the DB after an upgrade without the addons being present in the newer code directory.

Have a full backup of the 2.2 site?  Might have to do the upgrade again ... this time with those addons pre-installed (at least unzipped and in place).

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Ang: Re: Upgrading to 2.4 and lost some Activities

by Per Hessellund -

Thanks for the fast answer.

In the meantime I have discovered if I make a new activity of the kind there is missing, then all the missing activities of that kind comes back smile

I think that will do the trick.

Br. Per

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Per Hessellund

Re: Ang: Re: Upgrading to 2.4 and lost some Activities

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Great!  Yep, that will do the trick with a lot less effort!  You may have discovered an 'un-documented feature' in transitioning.  Will make note of that, for sure!  Thanks for sharing back!

'spirit of sharing', Ken