How to present HTML5 content from Adobe Captivate ?

How to present HTML5 content from Adobe Captivate ?

door Georgi Nikolaev -
Aantal antwoorden: 12

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to understand if I create an interactive content within Adobe Captivate 6 and export it as HTML5, how do I import it to moodle ? What type of activities I should use ?

Thank you in advance!

Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -
Als antwoord op Georgi Nikolaev

Re: How to present HTML5 content from Adobe Captivate ?

door Douglas Broad -

If it is anything like Camtasia, zip up the folder that is created, upload the zip file as a file activity.  Unzip the file, delete the zip file, navigate into the folder, and set the html file as the main file.

Als antwoord op Douglas Broad

door Georgi Nikolaev -

Thank you Douglas, I will play with captivate and moodle to see how they work together. 

door Liz Katz -

Can you report how it worked?

Thank you!

Liz

Als antwoord op Liz Katz

door Martin Johansson -

Hi, Did you have any luck with figuring this out?  Any help would  be greatly appreciated.

Best, Martin

Als antwoord op Liz Katz

door William Brewer -

I am new to Moodle, but a Captivate person--I have created a short course in Captivate, trying to find the right place to upload.  Any help would be appreciated!

Als antwoord op William Brewer

door Mary Cooch -
Foto van Documentation writers Foto van Moodle HQ Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Testers Foto van Translators

I would save the Captivate course as SCORM and then upload in your course via Add an activity or resource >SCORM. Please see the SCORM documentation.

Als antwoord op Mary Cooch

door William Brewer -

Thank you so much.  I have uploaded the Zip file and created the activity and I see it and it seems to be working fine.  But when I try to make this  activity part of a "Course" I am unable to.  I want to be able to add courses, have users take the courses, then see their score, or at least pass/fail.  Can I make a Captivate movie into a "Course"?  Or is it just an activity.  Trying to get my hands wrapped up around the naming conventions, Course, Activity, etc.

door Mary Cooch -
Foto van Documentation writers Foto van Moodle HQ Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Testers Foto van Translators

Re the terminology - see Moodle site - basic structure You can have your SCORM package as a course (instead of an activity inside a course) if you select Single activity course format in your Course administration>Edit settings

door William Brewer -

And that's what I tried, but when I uploaded the ZIP file, I got an error message "ZIP Files not allowed", and a Captivate course has a number of files that go along with it.

door Mary Cooch -

Are you sure you are uploading this SCORM pack as I said? Make an empty course. Choose for the course fomat "   single activity" and then choose SCORM as your single activity. Save the course settings and then you will be prompted to add your pack- I suspect you are trying to add it to the course summary.

door William Brewer -

Got it Mary!!  Thank you, and I have noticed your name on a number of these documents, your help is very appreciated.

door Steve Ambro v3.8 -

Are you trying to run HTML in Moodle or show the code?

As an instructor in Web Design, I had a difficult time placing HTML code in a quiz not to be run but as part of the question.  Unfortunately, Moodle will try to run any code it sees making a mess of my questions. I found it easy to show a tag by placing a space in it. ( <div< vs < div>)  it works fine.

If you want to run code then this suggestion is of no merit... (: