2.3 -> 2.4 upgrade and database issue

2.3 -> 2.4 upgrade and database issue

by Conrad Hill-Knight -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

I saw mention of a deprecated "deleted" column being referenced that was causing database issues and I've run into something similar in upgrading Moodle from 2.3 to 2.4.

First of all, after the upgrade, all of my certificates had disappeared. I then installed the fixed certificate module that doesn't reference the "deleted" column, but the certificates did not reappear. I then tried restoring the certificate from the automated backup for a course, but got a database write error.

In checking the debug messages it seems I'm missing a different column altogether:

PHP Notice:  Undefined property: stdClass::$timecreated in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\moodle\mod\certificate\backup\moodle2\restore_certificate_stepslib.php on line 55
Default exception handler: Error writing to database Debug: Column 'timecreated' cannot be null
INSERT INTO mdl_certificate (name,intro,introformat,emailteachers,emailothers,savecert,reportcert,delivery,certificatetype,orientation,borderstyle,bordercolor,printwmark,printdate,datefmt,printnumber,printgrade,gradefmt,printoutcome,printhours,printteacher,customtext,printsignature,printseal,timemodified,course,timecreated)

And then it lists the values it was attempting to restore to the database and the last column is in fact NULL.

Is there a work-around for this? And is it possible that my certificates are still in the database, so that I won't have to manually restore them all?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)