Remove delete for one html block instance only

Remove delete for one html block instance only

by Justina Torres -
Number of replies: 3

Hi All, we're running Moodle 2.3.1.  Is there a way to lock just one html block instance from being deleted while allowing course creators to create and edit new html blocks?  I have a block with information for Tech Support that I would like to make sticky and then lock at the admin level, while still allowing instructors to post their own individual contact information in another block for their courses.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Justina Torres

Re: Remove delete for one html block instance only

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you (== admin) add a sticky block at site level, and make it appear in every course, then individual course teachers won't be able to delete it.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'll update the documentation on sticky blocks this weekend and use your example as an example - so thanks for raising it Justina.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Justina Torres -

Thanks, Mary, for updating the documentation.

Just double-checking on my end: If an admin adds a block it can only be deleted by an admin (teachers and other roles will not see this option).  Is this correct?  Is it only specific to site-wide instances?  (For instance if a block was added by an admin to a course main page, it could only be deleted by the admin as well?)

Thanks in advance for the clarification!