missing in copy paste from mathype

missing in copy paste from mathype

by jay trivedi -
Number of replies: 5

when i copy the equation from mathtype and paste from moodle some are missing

when i copy the equation from mathtype it look like.....

After when i post in to the moodle from mathype  this are missing

it look like this in moodleany solution???? for this( )missing parameter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jay trivedi

Re: missing in copy paste from mathype

by Bob Mathews -

Jay, thanks for reporting this. There's nothing wrong on Moodle's end; this is something MathType can correct. You should have gotten a pop-up error from MathType when you tried to copy the $$\therefore$$ symbol. That error isn't terribly descriptive, so it may not have made much sense, but I'll try to help. Cutting to the chase, what needs to happen is \therefore needs to be added to the translation from MathType. I'll take care of correcting that on our end, but for now...

Couple ways to correct this on your end:

1. If you don't use $$\therefore$$ very often, just type it in, at the place where MathType should have put it.
  2. If you use it a lot, or if you just don't want to have to type it in every time, here's how to add it to the Moodle: TeX filter "translator" in MathType:
    1. Your translator file is named Moodle-TeX filter.tdl, and is located here:
      Windows: C:\Program Files\MathType\Translators
        (That's Program Files (x86) if you're using 64-bit Windows.)
      Mac: Applications > MathType 6 > Translators
    2. Open the file in Notepad, TextEdit.app, or other suitable text editor.
    3. Add this as a new line 37:
      char/0x2234     = "\therefore ";       // Therefore
    4. BTW, that should come immediately after the text // redefinition of base rules, which in mine is line 36.
    5. Save the file, making sure after it's saved, its extension is still .tdl, and not something else, such as .tdl.txt
    6. To use the new translator in MathType, if you're on Windows, go to MathType's Cut & Copy Preferences, switch to a different translator, click OK, then switch to the Moodle:TeX filter translator. On the Mac, close MathType and restart it.

I'll file a ticket to change this in MathType. Please let us know how it works out.

Bob Mathews
Design Science

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Bob Mathews

by jay trivedi -

hi bob after changing in Moodle-TeX filter file it can't access me...

below msg are desplay..

how can i resolve this?

Attachment Capture.GIF
In reply to jay trivedi

by Bob Mathews -

Not sure, Jay. When exactly are you getting this error? It seems, from your description, that you are able to open the file in Dreamweaver. You are able to add the new line. When you try to save the file, you get the error.

Is this correct?

Is this on your own computer, or on a shared computer (such as a school computer or a network)? If it's your computer, make sure you're running Dreamweaver as an Administrator. Easiest way to do that is to find Dreamweaver in your Start menu. Right-click and choose "Run as Administrator". If you don't see that option, then your user account isn't an Admin account.

This article may help as well: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-access-denied-when-opening-files-or-folders

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Bob Mathews

by jay trivedi -

Its working bob thankssssssssss......it just simply a great...

Attachment Capture.GIF
In reply to jay trivedi

by Bob Mathews -

That's good to hear; thanks for letting us know.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)