Advice for developing a complex assignment/assessment type

Re: Advice for developing a complex assignment/assessment type

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

How distinctive are your ticket IDs? If they are distinctive enough, then you could write a Moodle text filter, so that wherever someone types a ticket id, it is automatically made into a link. That is just like if you type "MDL - some number" in these forums, which is what Moodle tracker issue ids look like, then you automatically get a link like MDL-3030.

If you have that filter in place, then you can just use the ordinarly Online text assignement (or the equivalent in Moodle 2.3+), but it will also work in other places. For example, if you had a discussion forum, then it would be easy for people to discuss example tickets there.

See http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Filters

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Brad Smith -

I like the idea of adding a filter to auto-link ticket IDs, and may do just that (thanks!), but that doesn't seem to solve the issue of aggregating results for tickets of the same type. 

To clarify, I want to be able to have a single assignment that "contains" an arbitrary number of individually-graded tickets from which it derives its grade. It looks like this way a student could keep a regularly-updated list of ticket IDs, but the assignment would still only support a single grade. Am I missing something?

In reply to Brad Smith

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Sorry, I did not read your previous post enough. The advice to use Database or Glossary activity is almost certainly the way to go.