Box.net API

Box.net API

by Graham Stone -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Testers

Hello,

I am currently trying to configure the Box.net repository but not sure how to go about getting an API.  When I click on the link from my Moodle site it just takes me to the Box.net develper page and asks me to set up a new application.

Please can somebody offer me some advice?

Thanks,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graham Stone

Re: Box.net API

by Rob Johnson -

Go through the steps of setting up a new application.  That will generate an API key.  You aren't really going to develop a new app.  You will be using the repository for Moodle that has already been developed.  Lastly, you will need to provide Box with a callback address.  That will be show on the Box configuration page in your Moodle.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Graham Stone -
Picture of Testers

Thanks Rob, I figured this out after i'd posted here.  I do have one more question though regarding the repositories in general, becasue I had to use my account to get an API does this mean that anybody using the BOX repository will be using mine?

Thanks,

In reply to Graham Stone

by Rob Johnson -

The API just allows your Moodle to interface with Box.  Each user will be asked to sign in to box on first access from the file picker.  This happens in a small pop-up if I remember correctly.  I suggest creating a test account in both Moodle and Box to see the behavior.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Debbie Heck -

I am working on this right now and am having trouble with the redirect_uri: under OAuth2 parameters: Where/what is this? I have tried every URL that I can think of and can't figure out what URL they are wanting.

Debbie

In reply to Debbie Heck

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I think a URL should be given to you in your box.net "Settings" link??