How can I downgrade The 2.4 version to 2.3 because there is no plugins

Re: How can I downgrade The 2.4 version to 2.3 because there is no plugins

by Jon Witts -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The only way to "downgrade" is to restore the backups you took before upgrading!

Jon

In reply to Jon Witts

by Sam Mudle -

The only way to "downgrade" is to restore the backups you took before upgrading!

This is so easy to do also!  I bet most moodle forum administrators wish that moodle admins would do this simple simple procedure.

1. Export the entire database using phpmyadmin. (takes like 2 mins to do)
  2. Zip the entire moodle installation and download the zip file.
  3. (*cough* test your backups by restoring to a laptop *cough*)

Then you can upgrade.  If you find an terrible problem, it's super easy to downgrade.

In reply to Sam Mudle

by David Kimball -

For a "quick return", I FTP to a different directory (/moodletest), backup my config.php file and proceed with the new test install. 

If everything worked well, I go in and rename the current live directory to /moodleworks), rename the moodletest directory to what the live directory was and test it all out.

If things do not go the way I plan, I simply rename the directory and config file back and I am in full operation again.

And yes, I also have a full backup on an external hard drive of the working moodle and data directorys "just in case".  This has saved me when I played around too much and messed it all up.

A simple ftp copying and I was back up.

I also use this backup to restore any customization and plugins that I did in the previous version.