Is the Questionnaire module appropriate for our needs?

Is the Questionnaire module appropriate for our needs?

by Richard Crawford -
Number of replies: 2
For each course that we build in Moodle, we are contractually obligated to provide mid-course evaluations and final evaluations. Moodle's built-in Survey module won't work out for us, so I've been looking at the Questionnaire module which looks like it will do the job with a bit of tweaking.

One of our most important reporting needs, however, is the raw data: that is, each student's individual responses. Given that we can build the reporting tool ourselves, is this data available in the database that the Questionnaire module builds? I've looked at the table structure, and I'm not sure how to tease this information out of them.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Crawford

Re: Is the Questionnaire module appropriate for our needs?

by Michael Penney -
is this data available in the database that the Questionnaire module builds?

Yes, Michael Avelar, one of our programmers recently set up a Questionaire reporting system for what sounds like a similar project.

Our code isn't real portable at this point, it could be made that way with some extra time, it's certainly possible to do it with questionaire.
In reply to Richard Crawford

Re: Is the Questionnaire module appropriate for our needs?

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You can export all of the response data to a CSV file right from the questionnaire interface. That might be your best solution.

mike