Moodle.org is now on 2.4

Moodle.org is now on 2.4

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 14
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You've probably noticed from the shiny new icons that moodle.org has been upgraded, and is now running 2.4 beta. cool

If you notice any problems with the site, please report them in the Moodle Tracker.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle.org is now on 2.4

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I like the new-look icons, but... I'm missing the drop-down list submenu for My courses. What has happened to it?

Joseph

Attachment 27-11-2012 17-51-04.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well spotted Joseph! I have reported the problem as MDLSITE-2016.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Dan Poltawski -
Should now be fixed. smile
In reply to Helen Foster

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Helen,

Just like Joseph I do like the new icons and overall new look of Moodle 2.4. However, I find the vertical spacing between activities on the page courses too wide and a real waste of real estate.

Are such wide white spaces indeed intended?

Cheers and bravo for Moodle 2.4 smile

Nicolas

In reply to Nicolas Martignoni

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well done Joseph from me too - I  had assumed it was deliberate to copy the "my courses" in the navigation block that takes us to "My home" now - but I appreciate the drop down my courses from the top as I use it often. I am finding the new navigation block settings will take some getting used to.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi there,

Like Joseph, I first went: "Grump, Grump, I want the drop down list of My courses back".

But in fact, it's just as easy to have a new page with more info on each course (and Language Teaching on the same level as the others wink).  The new Full report of recent activity... is much more rationally and usefully organised. than the old Recent activity. (But why two clicks to get there: Recent activity now has no content except a link to Full report of recent activity... ???)

I haven't explored them fully, but I see they can be "filtered" too.

Of course, we all have our habits and different objectives too, but as far as mine are concerned, this is an improvement.  But that's just after 5 minutes - I may change my mind later. tongueout

Cheers,

Glenys

In reply to Helen Foster

by Graham Stone -
Picture of Testers

Hi Helen,

Not sure if this is related to the recent upgrade to 2.4 or something else but just thought I'd report that I've not recieved any emails from Moodle.org since about 5 hours ago.

Thanks,

In reply to Graham Stone

by Helen Foster -

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Nicolas, I assume the extra spacing is due to the larger icons but will investigate what can be done about it.

We still have a lot of improvements that we need to make to the Using Moodle course. One radical change which we are thinking about is changing the course layout to show one section per page. What do you all think about it? Is it a good plan?

Graham, sorry to hear you've not been receiving emails from moodle.org. Mine have been fine. Has anyone else stopped receiving emails?

In reply to Helen Foster

by Derek Chirnside -

Emails: yes, exactly three times recently I have stopped getting mails.  There are the half hour downloads then none.  What I have done is 1) checked Moodle.org (yes there are posts, yes it says I am subscribed) and then 2) unenrolled from all forums and then re-enrolled in all forums and that fixes it.

And while I am at it:

Never getting Editor toolbar: happens sometimes, irregularly.  This is why there are a slew of posts with no formating I believe.  Hangs at the loading DnD stage.

Site unavailable page: never, not once in say a month back.

-Derek

In reply to Helen Foster

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Helen,

Yes, that's the case. In fact, if you change the width and height of the icons in the CSS class img.iconlarge, you'll get better (IMHO) spacing, but ...

... the icons are smaller wink

I personnaly don't mind to have smaller icons if readability is improved.

Cheers

In reply to Helen Foster

by Graham Stone -
Picture of Testers

Hi Helen,

My emails seem ok again now however as Derek mentions it does seem to be happening a fair bit recently.

Thanks,

In reply to Graham Stone

by Helen Foster -

Hmm, MDLSITE-1961 covers the problem with digest emails, but it sounds as though you, Derek and Graham, are talking about the one email per forum post notifications.

If the emails stop again, please could someone report it in the tracker as a Moodle Community Sites issue.

Derek, glad to hear you've not obtained the site unavailable page in the last month. I wish I could say the same!

Anyway, once Moodle 2.4 is released next week, myself and a few others at Moodle HQ will be able to focus on moodle.org improvements once again.