QType Drag and drop onto image does not work well with IE7

QType Drag and drop onto image does not work well with IE7

by Isabelle Langeveld -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I am very happy with this question type. It works fine with alle browsers, except with IE7. The draggable items are spread out horizintally and disappear under the side of the screen. Also the backgroung image gets placed too far to the right.

I know IE7 is Stone Age but is still used widely in big organizations. Can it be tested and fixed in IE7?

In IE8 it works fine.

Bye, Isabelle

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Isabelle Langeveld

Re: QType Drag and drop onto image does not work well with IE7

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The OU still has a significant number of students using IE7, and I have not heard any complaints about it being broken from them. Of course, that is using the OU's theme.

The only think I can think of is that IE has two rendering modes. I can't remember exactly what they are called, but something like "standards based" and "legacy". We made sure that the OU theme triggered "standards based" mode, in order to fix a lot of issues.

Sorry, that is pretty incoherent. Here is a better explanation: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7155156/how-many-ie-rendering-modes-are-out-there. Basically, check which "document mode" your theme is triggering.