New Krystle theme released

New Krystle theme released

by Richard Oelmann -
Number of replies: 14
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I have just added Krystle to the themes database as a replacement for Krystle2.

Krystle is a complete rewrite, from the ground up, for Moodle2.4

Once it is approved, it can be found in the plugins database here and can also be found on Github

Richard

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: New Krystle theme released

by Claire Browne -

Hi,

How can I install two versions of the same Krystle 2 theme? do I simply just the name of the copied theme folder to something else? So I would have one theme Krystle2 and the other theme Krystle2_custom

This would help us because we custom your theme for some courses but keep the original theme for other courses on our site.

Your help would be most appreciated

In reply to Claire Browne

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The newly updated Krystle theme is named Krystle NOT Krystle2 so it should be OK to ulpoad and install it as is on your Moodle server.

That said, however, Krystle was updated to work in Moodle 2.4 which is due to be released soon, so I am not sure it will work as intended on earlier versions of Moodle.

The alternative would be to make a copy of your current Krystle2 theme and rename it, then install it and use it.

To learn how to clone a theme read this tutorial.

How to clone a Moodle 2.2 theme

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Claire Browne -

Thanks Mary for the theme tutorial.

Yes I realised the theme was 2.4 I am preparing myself for when we upgrade in the December holidays.

Excellent work as always! Keep up the good work.

In reply to Claire Browne

by Richard Oelmann -

Hi Claire

As Mary says, the new Krystle is named Krystle and not Krystle2 as the old one was, so these two can happily sit side by side.

It has been tested on 2.3 and 2.2 with no problems I could see, so should be fine on earlier versions, although as Mary says, it was built on 2.4.

Richard

by Mari Cruz García -

Thanks, Richard.

I have sent you my comments by email.

The new theme works fine in 2.2.4 so far (I haven't tested it yet in all our courses).

In reply to Mari Cruz García

by Toussaint lesaint -

Hello,

i realy like Krystle theme but when i use it with moodle 2.4+ i have the following error.the error comes when creation a new course whith weekly format.

thanks for any help

Notice: Undefined variable: coursenode in /home/almat013/public_html/theme/krystle/lib.php on line 602

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/almat013/public_html/theme/krystle/lib.php on line 602

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/almat013/public_html/theme/krystle/lib.php on line 602

Notice: Undefined index: 0 in /home/almat013/public_html/theme/krystle/lib.php on line 613

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/almat013/public_html/theme/krystle/lib.php on line 613

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PHP catchable fatal error

In reply to Toussaint lesaint

by Richard Oelmann -

Hi Tousssaint,

I'll have to get hold of 2.4+ and try this out. At the moment I have 2.4 on my test server (Build 20121203) and I am not getting this error message when I set up a weekly course.

However, there are some updates to be pushed out over the weekend as well, so if I can get 2.4+ onto my laptop before I test those and push them out I will try to get this sorted at the same time.

Richard

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Richard,

I think this is the callback from course format that casuing this. sad

Quelle nightmare!

In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Oelmann -

I had a feeling it may be something like that having looked quickly at the callbacks when I took a look at the Grid Course Format last week for 2.4.

I'm downloading 2.4+ as we speak and will take my laptop with me to work tomorrow to take a look at this and at some of the other upgrades that Paul has put into Decaf and Danny into Zebra so that I can feed that into where it needs to go in Krystle - I've already done it on my university adapted version in work, but need to do it on my laptop so I can pull/push? it up to git-hub and then to the plugins database smile

Rich

by Toussaint lesaint -

Hi Richard

thanks very much for your  answer,

In reply to Toussaint lesaint

by Richard Oelmann -

Hi Toussaint,

I've installed 2.4+ and still am unable to replicate this error. Are you able to give me more details of any settings you used to create the course? I am assuming as you say it was during course creation that there are no activities or content yet in the course, but anything else you may have set in creating the module error so that I can investigate what has caused it.

Thanks

Richard

by Richard Oelmann -

Hi Toussiant - now I've updated the theme, could you take another look and see if you are still getting the error please.

Richard

by Richard Oelmann -

Krystle updated to 3.1 (Build: 2012121400) on both GitHub and the plugins database

https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=theme_krystle

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Richard,

Even though it is noticabley slower than what I have been using, I really like the Krystal theme because of the way it works and the ease of making it look they way I want it to. However, I have noticed a bug with the page-header.

When navigating through my site, everything is fine and the site name and course names show up right next to the logo. When I go to an assignment though, the assignment names are showing up there and due to their length, word wrap makes them run down the left side of the page. It is mostly covered unless you have the left column blocks docked.

Bug Example

My temporary fix has been to just hide it. In pagelayout.css line 230 I have changed the visibility for page-header.headermain to hidden.