1. Downloaed 1.4.4 and uploaded via ws-ftp to public directory.
3. Edited Config-dist file with settings mysite_mydatabase and mysite_me with /home/mysite/moodledata
4. Went to mysite.org/moodle
5. Got a warning that the session could not be saved; directory .../moodledata/sesions could not be located; and to make sure the path was correct.
6. Manually created the sessions folder, went back to mysite.org/moodle, and got the GPL License without error.
7. Accepted the terms and hit continue but was taken back to the License.
... I was expecting to go on to more configurations.... am I missing something?
Note: I edited the config file rather than use the install because the initial language page was returning errors and I figured the file size was too large.
I used ssh to verify all permissions are set to 777, set the config file to 02777, disabled the XP Firewall, added the .htaccess with the 16mb memory stipulation and read through the installation forums as best I could, but am still at a loss.
Hoping someone can help before I contact my web service provider, interservers.com, to see if it might be something in the php.ini file or something to do with zend.