GRID FORMAT - column based set up

GRID FORMAT - column based set up

by imbu danilot -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

I am trying to set up the course with the grid format and have 3x3 columns (in total 6 topics)

but they all come in a vertical line and they do not distribuite in the horizzontal side as well.

in other words I get a 1X6 table whereas I would like to display the topic in a 3X3 table as said.

I can see everybody here does it, is there a way to achieve that?

I can't find information about it

Thanks in advace

Imbu

Average of ratings: -
In reply to imbu danilot

Re: GRID FORMAT - column based set up

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Imbu,

So I can help, please could you post a screen shot and as much information as possible (i.e. Moodle version / Browser and version / Theme and version / Grid Format version etc.), then I can figure out how to solve your problem.  But my gut says that you have a theme issue that is causing the displayed 'div' to be too small for the format to place the boxes in.

Normally the Grid format does organise things by three columns and as many rows as required for the number of sections.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by imbu danilot -

Hello Gareth,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

of course I can provide all information you may need.

below attached screenshot.

The theme is a variation of the formfactor theme, the only difference with the original theme is that the item icons are bigger 72X72 as opposite to 16X16 as per original formfactor theme.

Moodle Version: Moodle 2.2.5+ (Build: 20120920) (however I saw the same issue with version 2.1 few months ago)

Browser and version:

• Firefox 16.0.2
  • Google Chrome: Versión 22.0.1229.94 m
  • IE: 8.0.76

Grid Format plugin version:  2012012200; (however I have seen the same issue with former plugin versions on former moodle versions)

I really appreciate your help Gareth and team!

Imbu

Attachment Course Curso Básico Con Grid - Mozilla Firefox_2012-11-03_02-58-23.jpg
In reply to imbu danilot

by imbu danilot -

mmhhh, I tried using a couple of other themes and same result, the icons are shwon in a vertical way

In reply to imbu danilot

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Imbu,

Very odd.  I have just tried to replicate with Moodle 2.2.5+ (Build: 20121101), Firefox 16.0.2 and the same version of the Grid format from the plugins database that you have and cannot.  I used the standard 'Formfactor' theme that comes with Moodle.

So to get to the bottom of this:

1. Could I have guest access to a course with the issue so I can run FireFox with FireBug to interrogate the CSS and see if something is happening with a conflict?

2. Can you do a 'Purge all caches' - under the 'development' section of 'site administration' and see if that solves the issue.

3. Purge your browser's cache and see if that solves the issue.

Cheers,

Gareth

by imbu danilot -

Absolutely!
I have sent you a direct message with details.

Purging cache has already been tried, nor it is an issue with browser cache, this has already been tried on different PCs and network segments.

Thanks a lot Gareth you are a star!

Imbu

In reply to imbu danilot

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Imbu,

Thanks for the login, found the issue in 45 seconds with FireBug.

You have an 'width: 30%;' attribute defined for the '.course-content #iconContainer' selector either in your Grid format's 'styles.css' or your theme (I cannot tell as styles are cached and FireBug therefore cannot pin down the file).  I've checked the original from the plugin's database and it is not there.  Remove it and the problem is solved.

Also the 'overflow:auto;' attribute is missing.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by imbu danilot -

Gareth,

you are a star, I made the changes and it is just perfect now! smile

the issue was in the style.css of the grid format.

not sure how it managed to be that way, I did not touch it, possibly I downloaded an incorrect version of the plug in at this point.

whatever the reason thanks for your stellar support.

really appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

Imbu