Can i remove the moodle logo on the footer?

Can i remove the moodle logo on the footer?

by Tony Anonimous -
Number of replies: 5
I would like to know if it's possible to remove the  footer logo of moodle or do I  need to purchase the software?Sorry but I  cannot understand this,and until now I  wasn t  able to read nothing  about this topic.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tony Anonimous

Re: Can i remove the moodle logo on the footer?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It's fine to remove the logo from the footer (see the GPL license), feel free.  Of course, I would prefer you didn't, since it helps Moodle get more widely known. At least consider keeping a text link instead, with "Powered by Moodle" or something like that.

It's not OK to remove any copyright notices from Moodle (such as the one displayed on the admin page, in the language packs or throughout the source code).

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Dallas Ray Smetter -
I like to turn people on to Moodle... and I like giving credit where credit is due, but I don't like having any graphic in my footer, so I do what Martin suggests... use a link. See example footer at http://www.dallasray.com

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Tony Anonimous -

Thanks Martin,Moodle fit exactly all my needs (and customers needs)for websites.I'll put the link  footer on customers sites,and I ' ll display a Moodle logo on  my personal website explaining  its features.wink

In reply to Tony Anonimous

Odp: Can i remove the moodle logo on the footer?

by Greg Szczotka -

have a look at the same thread: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=20535

regards,

Greg

In reply to Greg Szczotka

Re: Odp: Can i remove the moodle logo on the footer?

by Tony Anonimous -

Thank you very much for answer to my question,I  think that Moodle is fantastic.

Sometime i have to build up websites for customers and right now one of them is asking me if it's possible to have a service online where to put up news and sell courses(riding outdoor) and other stuff.They need just a couple of pages,but if the trafic to website will increase ,probably they would like to expand all the features of the program.

Moodle could be perfect