Import to Main Glossary...Delete Entry in Secondary Glossary??

Import to Main Glossary...Delete Entry in Secondary Glossary??

by Steve Hyndman -
Number of replies: 3

Hello Moodlers,

In one of my courses I have set-up a "main glossary" of terms, phrases, and concepts as the "official" course glossary. I have also created a sub-glossary for student developed terms, phrases, and concepts. As part of the course, students develop entries in their glossary which are evaluated by their peers. After the peer evaluation, I select student entries to become part of the official course glossary in the "main glossary".

Importing from the student sub-glossary to the main glossary is easy (I just click on the + sign), but I would like to delete the entry in the sub-glossary once it's imported into the main glossary. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Hyndman

Re: Import to Main Glossary...Delete Entry in Secondary Glossary??

by Steve Hyndman -

Any ideas on this anyone??

Steve

In reply to Steve Hyndman

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Steve,

when you "export" one entry to a Main Glossary (from a secondary one), really you aren't moving just entry from one glossary to the other, just linking it from the main one, but the entry itself belongs to the secondary always.

If I'm not wrong that has been the behaviour always. Perhaps, if you want to move entries between glossaries you should export them and then import into the new glossary. It should work.

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Steve Hyndman -

Thanks Eloy. I had a hunch that was the way it worked, but wasn't sure. I think the export/import you suggest will work for me.

Steve