Video contained in scorm file stuttering

Video contained in scorm file stuttering

by Jen Roadman -
Number of replies: 2
I am having video playback issues in my scorm activity. Here are my moodle and project specs: Moodle Version 2.3.2 Scorm Version 1.2 created with Adobe Captivate 6 Publish Info: Output Format: SWF Audio Quality: CBR 96 kbps Preloader: 10% Frames per Second: 20 Two slides contain inserted video (flv files) Approx. 30 projects containing on average 40 - 50 slides When you try to view the activity, the slides containing the flv files stutter and buffer to the point where it is un-watchable. It repeatedly restarts the video. I am out of ideas as to how to fix this and am running out of time to do so. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can upload the scorm package for someone to look at if it would be helpful.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jen Roadman

Re: Video contained in scorm file stuttering

by Amy Groshek -
Any multimedia packaged in the SCORM package is served via direct download to the client. FPS won't mean a thing if the file is large, it's being dumped via direct download into the browser and/or your end-user's Internet connection is anything less than optimal. If your multimedia is large, you may want to investigate a CDN. Captivate has widgets to add media hosted on a CDN to your SCORM content without adding it to your SCORM package.
In reply to Amy Groshek

Re: Video contained in scorm file stuttering

by Jen Roadman -

Amy,

The flv files are less than 20 MB.  Is this large enough to require a cdn?