Moodle 2.3 Server files

Moodle 2.3 Server files

by Cheryl Tyler -
Number of replies: 2

When logging on as a teacher to a course/paper (I am also a teacher on 5 other papers), I go to the file picker Server files to access a file from another paper (ie. working in business paper and want a file from a science paper).  Of my 5 papers I'm a teacher on I can only see the server files of 2 papers.  Wouldn't I expect to see the files from all 5 of my papers.  I'm working in version 2.3.2+  I am new to Moodle 2.3 but this problem doesn't seem to make any logical sense.  Have I missed an admin setting or has anyone else had something similar? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cheryl Tyler

Re: Moodle 2.3 Server files

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
From: http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/File_picker_FAQ If you can't find the file in the file picker view . . . Look in Recent Files first - this shows (by default) the last 50 files a user uploaded. NOTE: Recent files will only show files of the type it thinks you want - so if you are searching from within the image icon in the TinyMCE editor for example, then Recent files will only show images you uploaded and not, say, Word documents. If it isn't in Recent files then try to find where you uploaded it originally, ie into which course and into which context (section of a course or activity type) Click Server files Follow the breadcrumb (navigation) trail back to the category in which the course is where you uploaded your file Click the course where you uploaded your file You will find your file in a folder with the same name inside that course. You can then select it and use in a different place in Moodle. If the missing files were uploaded 4 days ago but never linked in a course they may have been moved to the trash and trash emptied (that's an automated process). Also, one must use correct icons in the editor to link to a file. If one clicked the "media button", one will not/should not see .doc, .docx, etc. file types, but rather, media file types. If the system administrator created file system repositories for some of your courses but not all and you've uploaded papers meant for other courses while in a course that had access to one of those repositories, then the docs/papers won't show. Think I got that right ... if not, am certain someone will correct (please do!). Sorry for the formatting of this response ... appears the editor is not fully loading and have no control over format right now. 'spirit of sharing', Ken
In reply to Ken Task

Re: Moodle 2.3 Server files

by Cheryl Tyler -
Thanks for the information. Our Polytech changed to Moodle 2.3 two weeks ago and it turned out that we were having a problem with the file picker so was not seeing things correctly. We have since had our hosting group fix this. Appreciate your response.