Backup-restore misses all glossary entries

Backup-restore misses all glossary entries

by Jonathan Rabson -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

When I restore and backup a course (happens when backing up in 2.3.1 and importing into either 2.3.1 or 2.3.2), the glossary is there but all the entries are gone.  Is there a way to import a course with its glossary intact?  And if the course is already imported, can the glossary entries be imported afterwards in some way?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jonathan Rabson

Re: Backup-restore misses all glossary entries

by Itamar Tzadok -

The problem with restoring entries is that they are associated with users and if you don't include users in the backup, as you may do when copying a course for new students, and the entries where entered by students they won't be backed up/restored.

If the entries where entered by you, you can backup the activity with user data to preserve the entries and then you can restore with entries.

hth smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

Re: Backup-restore misses all glossary entries

by Isabelle Langeveld -

Hi,

There is something weird going on in 2.7. I tried to back up and restore a Glossary with all user data. Back up is fine, but as I try to restore the .mbz it decides to restore without enrolled users. Same goes if I try to back up the whole course. Is this a bug in 2.7?

One can export the entries as an xml file and import this file in the other glossary, but attachments are gone... You have to re-upload them