After upgrading our install from 1.9 to 2.2.4+, we are experiencing performance issues for this semester. Measurements are not pure, as we have more students than last year, more courses, etc., but any suggestions would be most welcome. If you need any details on specs, I'll be happy to tell.
Currently we have:
- Dell PE1850, 6GB, Dual Xeon 2.8GHz
- Debian Squeeze, 32 bit (reinstalling to 64bit would be painful, but might do)
- 200GB datadir on NFS mount
- sessions folder on tmpfs to keep NFS usage low
- XCache for PHP
- Postgres 8.4
- raw db size reported by postgres is around 3GB
- 5500 non-deleted users, 19000 total
- 5390 courses, 56000 course modules, 104000 contexts, 940 categories usually nested in 4 levels
- 71000 user enrolments, 14000 in mdl_enrol
- no jumbo frames
Any ideas and pointers much appreciated!