What is 'Moodle Stash' and is it supposed to do something...

What is 'Moodle Stash' and is it supposed to do something...

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I see messages on the tracker about something called 'Moodle Stash'..

I tried to log in with my tracker credentials, which appeared to work. I'm then asked to approve something and get... (do I care?)

Authentication failed! An error occurred while trying to obtain an access token. For application link "Moodle Stash (b496bb70-f988-394a-8b44-3060da4d5426) http://stash.moodle.org com.atlassian.applinks.impl.stash.StashApplicationTypeImpl@5910e0f6"

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: What is 'Moodle Stash' and is it supposed to do something...

by Alex Walker -

Is this the Atlassian Stash GIT management system?

In reply to Alex Walker

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Could be... it's the one that the tracker goes on about smile

by Dan Poltawski -

Yes, the idea is that stash will be a better alternative to the current 'fisheye', so that you can see change-sets linked to bugs without it taking ten years to generate.

Unfortunately it sounds like it doesn't seem to be setup correctly yet and is prompting for login. i'd advise you never to type you credentials into something you do not know about. big grin

See also: Server Moodle Stash requires authentication..

In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Howard Miller -

Yes - I'm far too trusting wink

I must confess that I have not the slightest cliue what a 'stash' or a 'fisheye' is, so I am starting to feel somewhat out of my depth.

Just off to claim my $4 million from the nigerian lottery I didn't enter.........

by Dan Poltawski -

I must confess that I have not the slightest cliue what a 'stash' or a 'fisheye' is, so I am starting to feel somewhat out of my depth.

When logged into the tracker, its the 'source' tab, and the idea is that when an issue has been fixed you can see the code changes related to an issue. Rather than having to grep the history yourself.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)