SCORM & CAPTIVATE - Handling "Number of attempts" parameter

SCORM & CAPTIVATE - Handling "Number of attempts" parameter

by Giulio Andreini -
Number of replies: 4

Hi everybody

I'm trying to generate some SCROM courses from Adobe Captivate 6.

Everything is working fine except for what concern the "Number of attempts" parameter.

When I try to change this parameter in Moodle, or even in Captivate (for the single QUIZ or the whole SCORM course) nothing seems to change and it seems that everything is working in the same way:

1. the users completes the SCORM course with a result (eg. 66%)
  2. the users can enter the course again and repeat the course and all the QUIZES included, many times
  3. every time the course statistics report the LAST Score of the User
  4. the user can re-take the course untill he doesn't reach the Score of 100%

It seems that the course settings "Number of attempts" and "Attempts grading" aren't really working.

Any advice on that and suggestion on how make it work in the right way?

Thanks in advance

g

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Giulio Andreini

Re: SCORM & CAPTIVATE - Handling "Number of attempts" parameter

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Giulio Andreini -

Thanks for your feedback Dan.
After reading around on tutorials, forums and trying many many solutions I found a way to make it work.
I'll post some screenshot of the varius settings involved. I hope this could help someone having my same issue.

CAPTIVATE
Single Quiz Slide settings (very standard)

Publish Settings > Quiz reporting

Publish Settings > Quiz reporting > LMS Advanced Settings (this is important)

LMS Advanced Settings

Publish Settings > Quiz settings

Quiz settings

Publish Settings > Quiz pass or fail

Quiz pass or fail

MOODLE

In the SCORM settings you can now change the number of attempts the student can take

Number of attempts

The parameter "Attempts grading" doesn't seems to work properly sad

When the user enter the learning object for the second time he has to chek "Start a new attempt" if he wants to retry the quize inside the learning obj.

Start a new attempt

Hope this helps smile

g

In reply to Giulio Andreini

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

there are no known issues with attempts grading in the latest 1.9Stable and 2.xStable releases.

it's important that you understand how attempts work - an attempt is not generated each time a user enters the scorm - a new attempt is only generated when the user ticks the "start new attempt" checkbox. Moodle 2.x gives you a lot more control over how this works - if you're using Moodle 1.9 you should upgrade to Moodle 2.3 asap as SCORM in 2.x is a lot more reliable than in 1.9

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Giulio Andreini -

OK that's clear

Thanks again for yr help

g