Advanced Grading-editing an existing rubric

Advanced Grading-editing an existing rubric

by Silvana Babchishin -
Number of replies: 4

When editing an existing Rubric, how do you delete/remove a cell. I added one too many Criterion rows but can't see how to remove it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Silvana Babchishin

Re: Advanced Grading-editing an existing rubric

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Silvana,

According to the documentation Advanced grading method it is possible to modify a form after it has been used. However, there's no mention of removing a criteron, only adding an extra one. mixed

I'm just going to move your post to the assignment module forum where hopefully someone will be able to help.

In reply to Silvana Babchishin

by Lesli Smith -

Hi, Silvana.

I'm not sure what screen you are looking at, so I'm attaching a shot of what I see after clicking "edit current form" when looking at one of my rubrics.  It is on my desktop 2.2 version, but you should see the same delete options for any standard rubric 2.0-2.3, too.   One small usage note:  Try not to delete criterion in active assignments after submissions have been graded as this will cause additional complications.  (It is possible, but it causes re-grade complications.) Hope this helps.

Lesli

P.S. As a side note, I attached this using the drag and drop feature and found that I couldn't then adjust the size of the image to be smaller for the forum context.  I haven't worked much with drag and drop in forums yet.  Hmmm.

Attachment EditExistingRubricStep2.png
In reply to Lesli Smith

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Lesli,

Drag and drop feature is nice when you don't plan to make any appearance changes to the picture. If you want to make changes though, you need to use the Insert/Edit Image xxx from the HTML toolbars. While inserting or editing a picture, click on the Appearance tab and you can change the size as well as how the picture lines up with the text on the page.

AL

normal sizeNormal size with text aligned to middle.

xxxHalf size with the text aligned to top.

PS: I have never been able to put more than one picture on a page when using drag and drop, but using Insert/Edit Image, notice that I have placed three four (if you count the smiley) pictures in my reply. big grin

In reply to AL Rachels

by Lesli Smith -

Thanks, AL.

Yeah, I started out posting the old way with the html image add icon, but then I said to myself, "Wait a minute.  We now have drag and drop.  What a perfect time to try it out!"  So I did (and found out the limitations in the meantime).  Not to stray too much off the topic, I'll include the other picture that I should have also posted earlier so that the pair better illustrates what needs to happen in order to edit a rubric:

editrubricstep1