• i want to load/initialise a certain SCO with javascript

For Example:
I want to link from one SCO to another scorm.com - Multi-SCORM Example

I am glad for every hint.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Uwe Ritter

Re: SCORM 1.2 - MultiSCO - launch certain SCO

by Luis Miguel Gallego -

Hi Uwe, i've been using SCORM at work for weeks, i think i can help a little.

Point by point:

* SCORM 1.2 Multi-SCO - Package

* 4 SCOs

Perfect, you can include in your package any SCO number as you wish, the only rule of thumb is that in a SCO you shouldn't add a link to the contents of another SCO. It's important to remember that all navigation in SCORM 1.2 must be handled by the LMS.

* course-navigation should not be visible

You have to configure this in Moodle. SCORM 1.2 specification doesn't include navigation (SCORM 2004 does), so there isn't any way to configure this from inside the package.

* i want to load/initialise a certain SCO with javascript

Check this link (http://www.adlnet.gov/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/apiwrappers.zip). I'm sure these javascript files can help you. You can also read the javascript files in the golf example to get a grasp of how to initialize/finalize a SCO.

Check also here (http://www.adlnet.gov/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/SCORM_1_2_pdf.zip) for doc named 'Runtime environment', for knowing about all the functions the SCORM API has.

There shouldn't be a problem if you make sure it opens in a new window. Remember, you musn't link another SCO (or external site, SCORM packages are self-contained) within a SCO.

This site helped me also, if you need more info (http://www.scormcourse.com/scorm12_course/home.html)

Hope it helps a little.

In reply to Luis Miguel Gallego

by Uwe Ritter -

There shouldn't be a problem if you make sure it opens in a new window. Remember, you musn't link another SCO (or external site, SCORM packages are self-contained) within a SCO.

Hi Luis,

thanks for the additional links and information. 

The last point is exactly the problem. I need a function like LMS.scormplayer.launchSCO("scoid")  or LMS.scormplayer.setcurrentSCO("scoID") like the way if i would click on a menu-item in the moodle-scorm-player-navigation-menu. Two other LMS had provided such a function, therefore i am wondering why it's not possible in moodle!?

this would be a supposed process:

Moodle/User start first SCO (index.html)

1.  LMSInitialize("", "") => 0
  2.  LMSGetValue("cmi.core.lesson_status") - not attempted => 0
  3.  LMSSetValue("cmi.core.lesson_status", "completed") => 0
  4. Commit("", "") => 0
  5. LMSCommit("AJAXResult", "true") => 0
  6. LMSCommit("result", "true") => 0
  7. LMSFinish("AJAXResult", "true") => 0
  8. LMSFinish("result", "true") => 0
  9. LMSFinish("", "") => 0

User clicks (at index.html) on a a link to the second SCO (site1.html).

1. LMSInitialize("", "") => 0
  2.  LMSGetValue("cmi.core.lesson_status") - not attempted => 0
  3.  LMSSetValue("cmi.core.lesson_status", "completed") => 0
  4. Commit("", "") => 0
  5. LMSCommit("AJAXResult", "true") => 0
  6. LMSCommit("result", "true") => 0
  7. LMSFinish("AJAXResult", "true") => 0
  8. LMSFinish("result", "true") => 0
  9. LMSFinish("", "") => 0

and so on.....

In my opinion it has nothing to do with SCORM 2004 and sequencing and navigation. I only want to launch an SCO from another SCO.

But how can i initialise or call the second SCO in Moodle?

In reply to Uwe Ritter

by Ângela Branco Moreno -

Hello Uwe,

You could come up with a solution, I am also needing the same thing as you.

Thank you

In reply to Ângela Branco Moreno

by Uwe Ritter -

Hello Angela,

i haven't found a solution yet and i  would be very grateful to anyone for further hints.

How can I register or launch a certain SCO in Moodle without using the menu of the scorm-player from moodle?

One approach would be to call the same function, that is called if you click on a menu-item of the scorm-player, but i don't know how...

In reply to Uwe Ritter

by Yemane Weleslasea -

Even after 1/2 a decade I am searching solution for this problem. What has happened at the end with you moodlers?

In reply to Yemane Weleslasea

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve by that statement...

It is up to the SCORM authoring tool to decide what SCO should be launched first. Moodle just follows the SCORM standard and interprets the imsmanifest.xml file.

If you are looking for a way to allow a user to finish one SCORM package and then be passed to another it's something I have thought about in the past but no-one has been interested enough in funding the time for a developer to make the change and share it with the community.