MooTyper the typing instructor

Re: MooTyper the typing instructor

by Susan Fleming -
Number of replies: 6

Hello Al

I downloaded the .zip file from the Moodle plugin directory, then went to Site Administration > Plugins > Install Plugins

I dragged the file into the file dropbox and clicked Install plugin from the ZIP file

From there I pressed Continue when prompted.

It was a very straightforward install.

Hope this helps identify what I did/missed.

In reply to Susan Fleming

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I just uninstalled MooTyper from my Moodle 3.9 server, then installed without making any setting changes. I was able to then go to a course and set up a MooTyper Lesson without any problems. Since I am unable to reproduce your problem, I can only suggest that you try to install it again. Just a side note, I think I drove through Cranbrook back in 1993, while on my way home from Alaska.
In reply to AL Rachels

by Susan Fleming -
Hello Al,

Yes, you probably went through Cranbrook if you were heading for either Montana or Idaho. I am on Vancouver Island now, so you would need to travel through Prince Rupert and take the ferry smile

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the 4.2.0 version of MooTyper.  The installation returned the same Debug error information I initially encountered and I am still getting the You do not have permission to view the page you attempted to access! The attempt was logged! error.

Tried the 4.1.1 and 3.9.1 versions of MooTyper and am getting the same Debug error information and permission error.

mod_mootyper

Can't find data record in database table context.

More information about this error

Debug info: SELECT * FROM {context} WHERE id = ?
[array (
0 => '442269',
)]
Error code: invalidrecord
Stack trace:
  • line 1599 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_missing_record_exception thrown
  • line 1575 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_select()
  • line 5299 of /lib/accesslib.php: call to moodle_database->get_record()
  • line 5738 of /lib/accesslib.php: call to context::instance_by_id()
  • line 7286 of /lib/accesslib.php: call to context->get_parent_context()
  • line 232 of /lib/classes/event/base.php: call to context_module->get_course_context()
  • line 1428 of /lib/accesslib.php: call to core\event\base::create()
  • line 2336 of /lib/accesslib.php: call to assign_capability()
  • line 847 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to update_capabilities()
  • line 565 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_modules()
  • line 1917 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
  • line 713 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()

Permissions are set for Manager and Instructor as allow:
MooTyper permissions Instructor role

Tried setting Plugin Type to Activity Module (mod), but the errors persist regardless of MooTyper version.

I can add the MooTyper to a course as an activity, but every attempt to Setup the MooTyper returns this in the logs:

Other    MooTyper    Invalid access    The user with id '4' attempted direct URL access to 'mootyper' file . 'mod_setup.php' while in the course with id '841598'.

Do you know where the permission to View the MooTyper might be found?  I figured I want to try that before playing with the php, but can't find anything in the Define Roles list of permissions .

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Susan,
There must be something odd about the way you are installing the MooTyper plugin since you say you have had problems with three different versions. Makes me think that your server doesn't have the correct permissions set. Since we are only a couple of time zones apart, if you would care to do so, you can contact me via Skype, Facebook messenger, team viewer, telegram etc. and I will see what we can discover and hopefully fix. I am usually online until about 2 PM central time, but available anyway via those same accounts on my phone.
In reply to AL Rachels

by Susan Fleming -
Hello Al

Thank you for the offer. I will get our server admin to check settings while I am on vacation next week, then if the plugin is still returning errors, I will connect with you.

Susan

by Andreas Schenkel -
Picture of Plugin developers
After adding some new lessons into the lessons-folder the exercises are not available. I also have to access the url
http://localhost:8000/mod/mootyper/lsnimport.php?id=116 in my textingenvironment so that the exercises_files are checked and new exercises get installed.
Is there already a way to just add new exercice files and get them availably without to access this url e.g during the update-process of the plugin?
In reply to Andreas Schenkel

by AL Rachels -
Hi Andreas,
The method you describe of having to use the lsnimport.php file is the correct way to get new lessons and exercises into MooTyper. I have had a couple of requests for direct upload, but have not had the time to investigate and work on adding that capability. I will also check on having the upgrade process look for new lessons and exercises. I am going to try for a new release in the next couple of days, but I am not sure if I will have the time to include this new capabilities. Might have to wait until the next release.