Navigate back to course after quiz submission?

Re: Navigate back to course after quiz submission?

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, there are plans (MDL-46095) but I don't know when it will actually happen. If anyone else wants to make a patch, please do.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by A Smiles -

OK so I have the "Back To Course" button visible. But I am look to remove the "Retake Test" button and only have the "Back To Course" visible. So you you explain how I would keep one but have the other (retake test) not visible please?

Thanks for all the hard work on this smile

In reply to A Smiles

by Sebastian Wz -

If you set the number of attempts allowed to max. 1, users will only see a back to course button.

Or do you want to allow multiple attempts but not show students a "retake quiz"-button?

In reply to Sebastian Wz

by A Smiles -

I did as Nobuyuki Fujioka suggested above, but also changed the test to multiple tries, but with a time period set for retake (so that takes the "retake quiz" button away, and that works fine for me. The retake test button has now gone smile But so it seems has the return to course button that was previously mentioned. I'm just wondering. I see the text " You must wait before you may re-attempt this quiz"... In 

/mod/quiz/renderer.php (lines 27-33)

defined('MOODLE_INTERNAL') || die();

$string['pluginname'] = 'Delay between attempts quiz access rule';

$string['youcannotwait'] = 'This quiz closes before you will be allowed to start another attempt.';

$string['youmustwait'] = 'You must wait before you may re-attempt this quiz. You will be allowed to start another attempt after {$a}.';

Is there a way that I could add an image button and link for the back to course option within the string $string['youmustwait']  please?