Starting a website and integrating moodle

Starting a website and integrating moodle

by Jazz Peh -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, I am new to moodle, so I am rather confuse and unsure how to start off. Basically I need to do a website and then incorporate moodle as a LMS to the website. But i have no idea what I should do. Please guide me! These are some requirements that I need :

• To allow learners to pay and self-enroll themselves into courses, and administrator to be notified of the enrolments. Allow options to enroll for multiple courses at the same time for group discounts.
  • To allow learners to login to the online learning platform by generating passwords and usernames, and to view all registered courses.
  • To allow submission of assignments online by the learners.
  • To notify instructors of submitted assignments and to grade the assignments.
  • To allow course administrator to create, insert, modify and delete online courses. Each course is to be divided into a number of modules.
  • To allow creation of new course categories by web administrator.
  • Link to paypal or credit card processing. No need to incorporate e-Nets.
  • Link payment to a local bank account.
  • Administrator to receive an email informing about the payment and course enrolment of any new or existing learner.

I have no idea how to start to develop this moodle site, please do help me out here!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jazz Peh

Re: Starting a website and integrating moodle

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You will need to be more specific. Have you installed Moodle and experimented with it?  what documentation have you looked at so far? What have you found from search engines?

For example I just typed in "paying for Moodle courses" into Google and 59 million results were returned, have you looked at some of them?

In reply to Marcus Green

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

What is your server environment? What version of Moodle? What do you know already?  (This last is critical although not talked about a lot.) Are you a network administrator or a manager? What do you know about servers, web servers, PHP, databasing? What database will you be using? If you are going to be a Moodle administrator, you do not need huge amounts of knowledge about these things, but some will help a great deal. Of course, you could be like many of us, just thrown in at a the deep end and told to fix the problem..smile Learning curve may be a bit steeper, but it is not unachievable. But you really need to ask the right questions to gain the best answers - so some of your knowledge here will help.   

In reply to Marcus Green

by Jazz Peh -

Hi! Thank you so much for your kind respond!

Yup I have installed Moodle using Git, and I have placed it in my local machine's IIS directory. I have installed it through localhost, and have created the database for moodle.

I looked at most documentation including the one on DPS Payment Gateway as I needed to implement something like that, where learners can enrol themselve and pay online. I saw the one on Authorize.net, but i believe after Moodle 2.0 it has been removed isn't it?

So in order to program/customise Moodle, I need to modify most of the php codes?

In reply to Jazz Peh

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

In order to customise Moodle you DON'T need to modify most of the php codes as much of what you listed in your first post is already available by default. Have a look at the documentation on http://docs.moodle.org/en/Main_page