Welcome to the forum for Analytics and Reporting!

Welcome to the forum for Analytics and Reporting!

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There's a lot happening in this field right now, yet it's still so poorly defined.

Moodle has quite a lot of reports already but they are scattered all over the place and could certainly be improved a lot.

I hope this forum helps to bring us together to work on what reporting and analytics should look like in Moodle core, as well as sharing our ideas for various other developments and approaches that we are all working on.

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Welcome to the forum for Analytics and Reporting!

by Stuart Mealor -

Great idea to centralise this Martin - there are questions, discussions, and posts all over Moodle.org relating to various aspects of reporting and analysis of Moodle data - so this Forum should become a really interesting, varied, and useful location for discussions smile

by Kim Edgar -

Hi All

In 2012 one of the successful NetSpot Innovation Fund Projects, is an anlaytics block to show teachers, in course, some indications of when a student may be at Risk. The project manager, Dr Phillip Dawson from Monash University, has designed the indicators in line with current research.  There has been a lot of interest in the project and it is currently being tested. 

The plugin will be available towards the end of 2012.  I will provide an update and a link here once available. :D

Thanks
Kim Edgar
Consultant
NetSpot

In reply to Kim Edgar

by Phillip Dawson -

Thanks Kim for the plug, and thanks to Martin for setting up this forum. I guess it is time for us to think of analytics more seriously smile

Soon we'll have our plugin available to download and install, but for now, here is a link to some information on the block: http://philldawson.com/analytics.html . Hope to have a video demo available within a week or two.

Really looking forward to some robust discussion of analytics!

In reply to Phillip Dawson

by Mahesh Agrawal -

Dear Everybody,

Can anybody describe what exactly Khan Academy is using for analytics? It is great. By research what I found that Khan Academy is using some MIT licensed analytic tool. Can anybody elaborate on this?

Rgds

Mahesh

In reply to Mahesh Agrawal

by Humanage SRL -

Great idea Martin !

we started the development of a data warehouse integrated with Moodle because our customers asked many additional reports and KPI.

The today milestone are:
1. Design the DW database
2. Parameterization ETL (Talend is our choice)
3. Drawing some (5) analysis, (12) reports, (3) cubes with BI tool (Pentaho is our choice).

the end of our project phase one (point 1,2,3) end February 2013.

For more details and/or curious contact: info@humanage.it

by Susan Mangan -

Athabasca University was working on an analytics tool - they introduced it at the Edmonton, Alberta CANADA Moot last year.  I've been meaning to investigate it but just haven't had time.

In reply to Susan Mangan

by Larry Lugo -

Hi all, is there a comprehensive list of Moodle's Learning Analytic Tools. Thanks in advance for your support