Building a large questions bank for grading!

Building a large questions bank for grading!

by khaled baloul -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

Anybody can help with a large bank creation of various calculus, algebra, geometry ...questions usable in moodle 2.3.1 quizzes  for student grading?

Thanks for guidance

K. Baloul

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to khaled baloul

Re: Building a large questions bank for grading!

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

We have a large quantity of calculus and algebra questions in STACK 2 format.  Each has random versions and a worked solution.

I'm in the process of upgrading these to STACK 3, and we will then release them in a format which can be used with the new STACK question type for Moodle.

http://stack.bham.ac.uk/worksheets/

Chris

In reply to Christopher Sangwin

by khaled baloul -

Christopher, 

Indeed, Stack is the best solution I have heard of.

I already tried an install of stack 3 version, but I needed to upgrade many applications on my server (Maxima, ....) so I backed of!

I will give it another try sooner or later.wink

Is there any french translation in the track?

K. Baloul

In reply to khaled baloul

by Carles Aguiló-Collado -

Hi Khaled,

We have a large repository of questions at www.STEMcollection.com. These are mostly created and shared by teachers under a Creative Commons license, but it's up to the publisher to decide how they want to publish.

You can download the questions and import them to your Moodle 2.3.1. To make them run, you'll need to install WIRIS quizzes, commercial tool downloadable from www.wiris.com/en/quizzes/download

I look forward to your feedback and maybe your own questions in the STEM collection, maybe in French... wink

STEMcollection.com

In reply to Carles Aguiló-Collado

by khaled baloul -

Carles, Thanks for the information anyway. Though, I am not leaning towards a commercial solution but instead looking for an open source and a completely free of charge solution.

A more funny and more flexible one!!! wink

K. Baloul