Video narrator on Moodle home page

Video narrator on Moodle home page

by Sami Hwang -
Number of replies: 5

Hello!

I am not sure to which forum I should ask this quesiton. Thus, I decided to ask the question to my favorite forum. My question is how we can add a video narrator on our moodle home page. In order to achieve it, which file should I edit? The index.php file on the home directory? The example that I would like to do is in the following web site.

http://www.gooddoc.org/mainpage.html

We have a green screen and all the video equipment. In fact, that is my main job task. I just want to test whether using any video narrator is doable on Moodle. Please let me know whether it is doable or not.

Sami

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sami Hwang

Re: Video narrator on Moodle home page

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sami,

If this video is only intended for the frontpage of your site, then your webdesigner should be able to customise the frontpage.php file of your choosen theme, to include the video in much the same way you would add any video.

If on the other hand the video needs extra software to work (ie interact with the page) then I cannot answer your question.

EDIT:

I have just checked the source code for the page and the object is a .swf (Macromedia Flash file). Which is easy to add to any page you want!

HTH

Mary

In reply to Sami Hwang

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Sami,

I think the best person to ask is Mary Cooch as she is more knowledgable about voiceovers and such.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Sami Hwang -

Hello Mary,

Thank you so much for your quick answer as usual.

Let me try to work on frontpage.php.

Have a good day.

Sami

In reply to Sami Hwang

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Sami. I love this comment  I decided to ask the question to my favorite forum. How nicesmile

I took a look at the code too and I also  saw the video was a swf file. I suggest you make a video with your green screen as you desire and save as a swf and, as the other Mary says, it is straightforward to add to your front page. You can either add it via the code or else you could add it to the summary by turning on the editing in the front page. I would be careful however, because not everyone likes to  have a video narrator talking to them without invitation on first arriving at a websitewink

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sami Hwang -

Hello Mary,

Thank you so much for the information and suggestion. I will keep that in

mind. I hope I come up with some good results. Have a wonderful day.

Sami