QuizPort HP quizzes not showing after upgrade

QuizPort HP quizzes not showing after upgrade

by Robert Maran -
Number of replies: 10

Hi Gordon

I got the IT people to make the upgrades that include multi-JMix format for quizport and hotpot quiz. However, I must report that JMix(regular one exercise JMix) in a quizport now does not show the words to be clicked on. Has anyone else noticed this problem? ( Moodle 1.9.11). (If I view the JMix file in the "files", the exercise behaves normally- i.e. the words show).

Cheers

Robert 

Attachment JMix.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Maran

Re: QuizPort HP quizzes not showing after upgrade

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Robert,

Please could you zip up the quiz, audio file and player and attach the zip file to your next post to this forum.

thanks
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Robert Maran -

Hi Gordon

I have attached the html file and the sound file. It seems that other quizport activities have also been affected- ruhbarb activities also do not show. And for other hotpot quizzes the check buttons do not seem to work. If we down-grade to a former quizport version, will all student data be lost?

Robert

In reply to Robert Maran

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Robert,
thanks for the file. I think I know what this is caused by. I fixed it a while back, but it seems I did not update the zip file in the Moodle plugins repository. My bad. Sorry about that.

The shortterm workaround is to disable the QuizPort cache:

Site administration -> Modules -> Activities -> QuizPort: unset "Enable cache" and save changes

The longterm fix is to download and install the latest version (at least 2008040134) of QuizPort.

regards
Gordon

by Robert Maran -

Hi Gordon

Our IT crew upgraded to xxx134, but still the distractor words in the jmix activity do not appear.

On our old server, jmix appears, but the dew player does not (only [xx.mp3 dew]. Both servers have xxx134 versions of quizport. On our old server we updated straight from xxx130 to xxx134. But on our regular server we upgraded in increments xxx130 to xxx133 to xxx134.

There is also an influence on other hotpot type activities  in other courses on our regular server, where if you click on the check button there is no reaction and scores do not show. (jcloze)

Also,for ruhbard we get "Preparing exercise..." but the xxx that represent the words do not show and the check button does not work in other courses.

Michael Rotmeirs "dropdown" version of jcloze  files also do no longer appear in other courses.

What are we doing wrong?

Cheers

Robert

by Robert Maran -

Hi Gordon

Our IT people are asking is there a way to  downgrade to a previous version without losing student data? If there is, how can they do it?

Robert

In reply to Robert Maran

by Gordon Bateson -

Robert,
I strongly recommend you *upgrade* to the latest version of QuizPort. I really think it will fix the issue you are having.

The only way to go back, would be to restore the complete Moodle database and files from a backup.

regards
Gordon

by Robert Maran -

Hi Gordon

I think that is what we have done- install the latest version of quizport, as per your suggestion- 2008040134 (or is this not the latest version?). Please advise if this is the latest version or not. If it is, then the problem(s) have not been resolved.  Any help appreciated...

Cheers

Robert

In reply to Robert Maran

by Gordon Bateson -

Robert,
did you disable the QuizPort cache? Can I come and have a look?
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -

Dear Robert,
thank you for your patience.

After realizing that your screenshot shows no navigation aids, I had another look at this issue, and was able to reproduce the problem on my own site when the quiz's navigation was set to anything other than "Moodle navigation bar".

I traced the cause back to a bug in one of the QuizPort scripts, and have implemented a fix. I then confirmed that your quiz displays OK now with no navigation aids (see screenshot)

Please download and install the latest version (2008040135) of the QuizPort module as soon as your able.

regards
Gordon

P.S. Thanks for introducing me to the idea of using JMix for scanning practice - ingenious !

Attachment Screen Shot 2012-07-14 at 10.00.05 AM.png

by Robert Maran -

Hi Gordon

I can confirm that the upgrade of quizport to xxx135 has fixed the problem. Once again, thanks for your speedy response!

Cheers

Robert

Average of ratings: Useful (1)