AutoEnrol Plugin First Release

AutoEnrol Plugin First Release

by Mark Ward -
Number of replies: 10

AutoEnrol

http://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=enrol_autoenrol

Hi Folks,

I've added a new enrolment plugin called AutoEnrol onto the Plugins directory. I developed this to help with global courses like "Learner Voice" or "Moodle Help" which all users need access to, but unlike Self Enrolment this plugin enrols a user onto a course without asking any questions the moment they load the course. For courses with a global importance the plugin can also automatically enrol users to a course upon login. Additional options are controlled through a user permission which means that only users with advanced priveledges will be able to set the enrol-on-login feature.

In order to make the plugin more useful I have also added options for automatic grouping of users based upon their user attributes and also added a filter option meaning you could only allow automatic enrolment for members of a particular department or authentication method.

advanced permissions

The plugin has been running on our live server since September and I have also sent it to colleagues at other colleges in my area, however I have released it as 0.9 for now just in case any issues arise from different configurations and environments. 

I hope the community finds this useful! smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Ward

Re: AutoEnrol Plugin First Release

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks Mark Looks very useful. You've done it again. Frankie
In reply to Mark Ward

by Kieran Briggs -

Where abouts do you install it?

In reply to Kieran Briggs

by Mark Ward -

Hi Kieran,

To install you just drop the autoenrol folder into moodle/enrol and then log into your site as an admin.

In reply to Mark Ward

by Jenna Pitcher -

Hi Mark,

What Moodle release are you running on your live server?  We are currently running 2.1.5.

Thanks,

Jenna

In reply to Jenna Pitcher

by Mark Ward -

Hi Jenna!

We are currently running 2.2, but I originally developed this when we were running 2.1 and that set up was in place for 4 months so it should be fine to install on your server.

All the best

Mark

In reply to Mark Ward

by Matt Porritt -

Hi,

The plugin installation fails in Moodle 2.3 with the error "Plugin installed in wrong folder"

I fixed this by changing: $plugin->component = 'block_course_contacts';
to: $plugin->component = 'enrol_autoenrol';

I hope this helps others.

Kind Regards,
Matt P

In reply to Mark Ward

by Andrew C -

This is fantastic plugin.

Thanks,

Andrew

In reply to Mark Ward