HotPot chain in Moodle 2.x

HotPot chain in Moodle 2.x

by Eduardo Coquet -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Gordon: ¿ Is it possible to set a Hop Pot chain in Moodle 2.1.6 and Moodle 2.2.3 ?

thank you

Eduardo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eduardo Coquet

Re: HotPot chain in Moodle 2.x

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Eduardo,
it is not possible to set up a HotPot chain elegantly in Moodle 2.x using the HotPot module for Moodle 2.x. I think the best you could hope for would be to add all the Hot Potatoes exercises as seperate HotPot activities, and then perhaps use Moodle 2's "Conditional activities" functionality to prevent access to each HotPot until the previous one has been completed satisfactorily.

As you may know, I have been developing a module called the TaskChain module which will allow you to add several Hot Potatoes exercises in a chain that forms a single Moodle activity. At the moment, that module is at the stage where I can add several Hot Potatoes exercises (=tasks) to a TaskChain activity, and I can display a single task. However, I need to finish the programming required to choose which task in the chain to display next. I expect it will be ready in a wekk or two.

kind regards
Gordon