Main Menu Block

Main Menu Block

by Matt M -
Number of replies: 8

Hi,

Is it possible to duplicate the Main Menu Block on the front page?  I'd like to have 3 total.  I managed to install a new plugin with new class names etc but the data is the same.   I read that the block data is stored in the configdata column of the block instances table but there is no data there.

From looking at the block it looks like I need a unique instance of the content, I'll try digging in to this later but would appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

Matt

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt M

Re: Main Menu Block

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Matt. Why do you  need three main menu blocks exactly?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Matt M -

I'd like to organize my content that way:

Pre-Meeting

Live-Meeting

Post-Meeting

As containers for content groups, This setup would allow me to keep things neat for the admin controlling those three sections and allow multiple activity types to be used.

And this is the way the designer went... sad

I suppose I could use HTML blocks for the last two but that makes things harder to manage for the person doing the admin duties, I'm also not sure if they will be able to even manage the HTML in that block.

In reply to Matt M

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ah right; I see. I expect someone who knows about this stuff will explain how to make three of them but you could always just keep the one main menu and make three sections by dividing them up with labels with your three meeting titles.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Matt M -

Yeah I thought about just using labels and making one big menu, I'll have to see what is acceptable to the client if I take an alternate route.

In reply to Matt M

by Matt M -

Well I decided the best option I could come up with since the main menu is tied to the activities of the page was to make two hidden courses to hold the items in the summary section.

Changed the $course variable in the new block to call that specific course with:

$course = $DB->get_record('course', array('id' => '2'), '*', MUST_EXIST);

Sorta just hacked everything together...  Hopefully this solution will work out! :/

In reply to Matt M

Re: Main Menu Block-change order

by Dolly Miglani -

can we change the sorting order of main menu block to descend??????????