Unable to install Quickmail in Moodle 2.3 after upgrade

Unable to install Quickmail in Moodle 2.3 after upgrade

by Walter Horowitz -
Number of replies: 1

We were running Moodle 1.9 with Quckmail. I upgraded the system to Moodle 2.2 and did not install the Quickmail block. I upgraded again to Moodle 2.3, so far so good. I tried to add the contributed Quickmail block and got an error. I was told that the error was fixed, try the Github version. I install the latest Quickmail and I am told Table "block_quickmail_drafts" does not exist. I can see in the XML for Quickblock that that table is defined.

Is my problem caused by the previous install of quickmail? My guess is that the Quickmail block has a bug in an upgrade situation. I'm poking around, but since I've never tried to develop a block, I'm a bit in the dark. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for to help fix this? Should I redo my upgrades and install Quickmail in 2.2 before moving to 2.3? I still have my production 1.9 system so this is not very hard.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Walter Horowitz

Re: Unable to install Quickmail in Moodle 2.3 after upgrade

by Walter Horowitz -

I found that if I first deleted the quickmail block, which removed the old quickmail block database entries, and then added the quickmail block, I was successful. I have lost my quickmail history, but I can didn't need it.