Maintenance Mode Breaks My Theme...

Maintenance Mode Breaks My Theme...

by Richard Bakos -
Number of replies: 5

When I enter the site into maintenance mode it removes the footer from my theme. I am assuming when it gets to the line on the document that tells it that the site is in maintenance mode nothing else is loaded for the document. I don't like this behaviour and would like to modify it if possible. I also would like to customize the design of the maintenance mode page rather than just plopping in a generic message using tinyMCE... Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Bakos

Re: Maintenance Mode Breaks My Theme...

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

MAINTENANCE MODE is defined in your theme's config.php or may not be but it is defined in BASE theme and will revert to that setting if not in a theme.

The setting is as follows...

// Used during upgrade and install, and for the 'This site is undergoing maintenance' message.
    // This must not have any blocks, and it is good idea if it does not have links to
    // other places - for example there should not be a home link in the footer...
    'maintenance' => array(
        'file' => 'general.php',
        'regions' => array(),
        'options' => array('noblocks'=>true, 'nofooter'=>true, 'nonavbar'=>true, 'nocustommenu'=>true),
    ),

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Bakos -

Thank you Mary!

That got my footer back. I am running into another issue now though. I have 'nocustommenu'=>true yet, when viewing the site in maintenance mode, the custom menu still appears. Any ideas what might be causing that?

by Miriam Laidlaw -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Richard,

First thing I would check is that you haven't accidentally misplaced a comma or something when removing the nofooter part.

'maintenance' => array(
        'file' => 'general.php',
        'regions' => array(),
        'options' => array('noblocks'=>true, 'nonavbar'=>true, 'nocustommenu'=>true),
    ),

It should look like that, with all punctuation present.

In reply to Miriam Laidlaw

by Richard Bakos -

It is as it should be... This is a copy and paste from my config file:

'maintenance' => array(
    'file' => 'general.php',
    'regions' => array(),
    'options' => array('noblocks'=>true, 'nofooter'=>false, 'nonavbar'=>true, 'nocustommenu'=>true),
),

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

You could try purging all cache from  Site Administration > Developement > Purge all caches

Other than that I am not sure, as I have come across anomalies like this before, where something was not supposed to be but was. It's as though it should be the opposite, like 'nocustommenu'=>false

You could always try that and see if it has any effect!

Mary