How does moodle run SCORM Videos

How does moodle run SCORM Videos

by Deepti Goyal -
Number of replies: 6

How does moodle run scorm video files ? Is any flash player required at the user end to view the video course?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deepti Goyal

Re: How does moodle run SCORM Videos

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The users browser is responsible for playing the video files. - Some SCORM authoring tools will generate flash - others will embed video using standard HTML.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I think most scorm interactive content runs with flash. It is very likely that many will move to HTML5 over the next few years.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Deepti Goyal -

Thnks for the reply. Can I find any scorm converted video file on moodle org?

In reply to Deepti Goyal

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Probably not, but why are you looking for such a thing? is it that you want to test them out to see if they will work? You could download a test version of one of the tools such as Camtasia and generate your own to see what can be done. By the way I have found SCORM to be a lot of promise and not a lot of delivery on several different (vle) platforms and have come to the conclusion you are better off using the native tools. 

In reply to Marcus Green

by Deepti Goyal -

Hey Marcus,

Thanks for recommending this tool, it was helpful in achieving what I wanted to.

Regards

Deepti