Moodle keeps sticking

Moodle keeps sticking

by Jonathan Thomas -
Number of replies: 3

Very often, Moodle "sticks" during use.  If you attempt to log back in and try again, it will "stick" in the same place.  However, on another day, the sticking will be elsewhere on the system.  When it "sticks", the page can take up to 2 minutes to load.

To following MYSQL command resolves this issue:  "RESET MASTER" - this flushes the BINARY files in /var/lib/mysql.

We are running the latest version of Moodle (1.4.4) on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server V8.  (Dual PIII-800,2GB RAM, 20GB HDD)

Why does this happen?  Is it a Moodle problem, or a problem with our "mysql" config ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jonathan Thomas

Re: Moodle keeps sticking

by Jonathan Thomas -

RESET MASTER no longer resolves the problem.  I noticed, when a moodle page "sticks", pressing REFRESH on the browser often resolves it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Is there a solution to this?

I will be grateful for any feedback received,

Many thanks.

In reply to Jonathan Thomas

by Bill Click -
Do you have any idea as to the number of users that were on the system at the same time?
In reply to Bill Click

by Jonathan Thomas -

Moodle worked slow with just one user on it.  I think the problem was caused by our email virus scanner called 'Mailscanner' that was running another instance of Sendmail.  (I'm not sure why it was affecting Apache)

It seems to be ok now.  So I am hoping I found the problem.

Thanks for replying.