Anomaly Theme, Login title modification

Anomaly Theme, Login title modification

by Vijay Paturkar -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

Please find attached the screen capture.  I want to shift the title in the direction indicated by blue arrow, and I want to remove the horizontal rule as well. I checked the general.css, base.css, browser.css and as well as general.php. However  I didn't find the exact css style to modify the position of this title (Returning to this web site?). I would be grateful to receive a solution from you experts. Thanks a lot in advance.Image to be referred with my query

Regards,

Vijay

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vijay Paturkar

Re: Anomaly Theme, Login title modification

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Vijay,

With any question like this, I would suggest using firebug with firefox or similar tools in chrome or IE. These tools will allow you to find the selector rule for any part of the webpage and will identify where that rule is in the existing css.

If it is already in your theme, you can edit it there - if not (e.g. its in a paretn theme or core code such as yui) then you can add the selector and ruule to the end of your css files and that should override anything in a parent or core.

HTH

Richard

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Vijay,

You did not tell us the version of Moodle that you are using.

to disbale hr line use

hr { visibility: hidden;}

The heading in the login page is h2 so the css would be something like this..

.loginpanel h2 { float: right; }

In reply to Mary Evans

by Vijay Paturkar -

Hi Richard and Mary,

Thank you for your help. The '.loginpanel h2 { float: right; }' worked well for me. However what I was assuming to be horizontal rule, was in face the top botder applied to a 'div' tag. It took quite a while for me to realize this. 

I also wanted to follow the same approach as that in '.loginpanel h2 { float: right; }' , so I checked the final HTML with the help of inspect elements in Google Chrome. However, I was not able to put this approach to use successfully. So, as a workaround, I modified the index_form.html inside the login folder. Do let me know your thoughts on this approach.

Also, any idea if a theme for Moodle 2.0 works successfully for versions beyond Moddle 2.0?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Moodle 2.0 themes will work in Moodle 2.1 and Moodle 2.2 however, in Moodle 2.2 there was a change to the MAIN_CONTENT_TOKEN this has now been replaced with $OUTPUT->main_content() which looks neater.

So for the moment you are OK but watch out for problems in 2.2 onwards.

The best thing is to check the latest Base theme in MOODLE_22_STABLE branch in https://github.com/moodle/moodle/tree/MOODLE_22_STABLE/theme/base for new content, like the version.php and the layout files, as these hold the key to getting things right, for Moodle 2.2 and beyond!

HTH

Mary