[Moodle 2.1.2] Coding error with Collapsed Topics

[Moodle 2.1.2] Coding error with Collapsed Topics

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello

since some days I have this error message when I do "Plugin Overview" on my test platform:
Overview of plugins

Programming error detected. This must be fixed by a programmer: Unable to state determines plugin, check the plugin versions

More information about this error
Stack trace:

line 683 of / lib / pluginlib.php: coding_exception thrown
     line 237 of / admin / renderer.php: call to plugintype_base-> get_status ()
     line 39 of / admin / plugins.php: call to core_admin_renderer-> plugins_control_panel ()

I removed all the plugin that I added...

when I do "notifications" I have nothing

when I do separately "Manage activities" and "Manage blocks" I have nothing, no message, I can delete ...

when i delete topcoll it's ok, i can do Plugin Overview and install others plugins

and when i install again topcoll in course format, in a course, the format can be applied but when i want install other plugins or if i do Plugin Overview, the message reappears...

and i really need this course format

if someone can help me about it wide eyes

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luiggi Sansonetti

Re: [Moodle 2.1.2] Coding error with Collapsed Topics

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Luggi,

There appears to be an issue somewhere in the core code that causes the string comparison on line '672' of '/lib/pluginlib.php' which is 'else if ((string)$this->versiondb === (string)$this->versiondisk)' to fail, where the value contained in my 'version.php' of '2012050300.00' has had the '.00' removed at the end and hence no longer matches the database'.

There are two soltions to this:

1. Update 'version.php' in 'topcoll' to be '2012050301', click on 'Notifications' to update the db.

or

2. Update 'version.php' in 'topcoll' to be '2012050300' and edit 'config_plugins' in the database 'format_topcoll' row to have a value of '2012050300' instead of '2012050300.00'.

It's up to you which one you wish to use - both should not make any difference in the long term as I'll fully change the date in the version.php file.

I hope this works for you smile, cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: [Moodle 2.1.2] Coding error with Collapsed Topics

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Fixed version now downloadable from:

https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_topcoll/zipball/V2.1.8.2

Just upgrade as normal smile

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: [Moodle 2.1.2] Coding error with Collapsed Topics [solved]

by Luiggi Sansonetti -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

that's great it works just fine now with the fixed version
thank you

if humans could learn from the moodle community to solve problems tongueout ...

In reply to Luiggi Sansonetti

Re: [Moodle 2.1.2] Coding error with Collapsed Topics [solved]

by Gareth J Barnard -

Thanks smile

Fixes for Moodle 2.1 and 2.2 now in the plugin's database.