Collapsed Topics with custom colours - pre release.

Collapsed Topics with custom colours - pre release.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear all,

I have created a version of Collapsed Topics with the abilty to set the colours of the toggle as requested by Leonie Vos and documented on CONTRIB-3529.

If you have Moodle 2.2, please be so kind as to test the pre-release by obtaining from 'https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_topcoll/zipball/CONTRIB_3529'.

Usage is the same as before with the new additions hopefully being self explanitory when you edit the 'layout' - now called 'settings'.

Once ok, I will put into full releases for Moodle 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3.  Possibly 1.9 if demand is great but as 1.9 is reaching end of life I would suggest you upgrade anyway smile.

Feedback appreciated, cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Collapsed Topics with custom colours - pre release.

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Gareth,

I got a "Not found" message when I clicked on the link above (https://github.com/...) Is the link okay?

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Hartmut

The ' confused the editor...

Its

https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_topcoll/zipball/CONTRIB_3529

Please note that after extracting you will need to rename the top level folder to 'topcoll'.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Gareth,

Sorry for bothering you with the link. I should have seen this myself. Anyhow, I installed collapsed topics with custom colors, changed all colors, logged out and in again without any problems. Logged in as a student into the same course and the color setting looks fine. Just wanted to give you some feedback.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Hartmut,

No worries, I learnt something by it smile.

Thank you so much for testing, really appreciated smile.

Thanks,

Gareth

by Leonie Vos -

Hi Gareth,

Thanks a lot for upgrading the collapsed topic format! We will test it and let you know about our findings!

Leonie

In reply to Leonie Vos

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Leonie,

There is a slight bug in the version above, please use https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_topcoll/zipball/V2.2.6

Cheers,

Gareth

by Leonie Vos -

Dear Gareth,

We did a quick test on several browsers and it looks great. This gives a lot of opportunities to adjust the course to specific learning paths etc. We haven't encountered any problems with the plugin yet, but some additional testing might be needed.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts!
Leonie

In reply to Leonie Vos

by Natalie Denmeade -

Thanks for this great update. Good timing..for us. Sadly it didn't install. we have MSSQL and IIS. I attached the error.

PS. On another issue we were discussing, I discovered that the presenter module was the culprit for stopping any restore of courses. Your support was greatly needed and appreciated. 

Attachment topcollerror1.jpg
In reply to Natalie Denmeade

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Natalie,

This appears to be a core issue as I'm using a standard call to the database manager to produce the SQL '$dbman->change_field_unsigned($table, $field);' and therefore out of my control to fix.  If you can supply details of Moodle & MSSQL version I can raise an  issue please?

To make this work for you follow steps 1 and 4 of the uninstallation instructions, then 7 & 10 of the installation instructions.  This will cause a clean reinstall using 'install.xml' and not 'upgrade.php' - it will mean that you will loose your previously configured structures on the courses but should work.

Cheers,

Gareth