Topic links in Navigation block in 2.2

Topic links in Navigation block in 2.2

by Chrissy Trenholme -
Number of replies: 6

I have linked my course sections to the Navigation block.  This is very useful however is there a way to turn off the linking to each resource underneath the link to the topic.  As some topic areas have numerous links to resources it means that the navigation block becomes very long and complicated and increases the scrolling for students to access the blocks below.  I know the student could just select the topic link and then close the drop down arrow but not everyone will do this.

Thanks, Chrissy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chrissy Trenholme

Re: Topic links in Navigation block in 2.2

by Tonya Riney -

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for your question, but could you share how you linked your course sections to the Nav block?

Thanks, Tonya

In reply to Tonya Riney

by Itamar Tzadok -
  • Site administration
  • /  Appearance
  • /  Navigation

Link course sections. smile

by Sabine Helmke -

This may help (unfortunately, the screen shot is in german and I'm not very sure about the english terms thoughtful):

- Edit the navigation block:

- block setting(?)

- generate navigation(?)

- chose only "course sections and courses" (?)

Attachment navigation block setting.png
In reply to Sabine Helmke

by Chrissy Trenholme -

Hi Sabine,

Sorry its taken so long to check on this post, your information has been very useful.

Thanks,  Chrissy

by Sabine Helmke -

I have a problem with the navigation block, too.

Some course sections only have a text field (no files, activities etc.). These course sections don't appear in the navigation block - quite confusing to students. I would like to have any course section in the navigation block?

Thanks, Sabine

In reply to Sabine Helmke

by Sabine Helmke -

Problem resolved:

With Moodle 2.3.1+, every section shows up in the navigation block cool (unless it's hidden).