eu.cvs.moodle.org not updating?

eu.cvs.moodle.org not updating?

by Ryan Smith -
Number of replies: 4

It looks like the weekly update to Moodle 2.2 was pushed 10 hours ago to GIT on the MOODLE_22_STABLE branch.

I did a CVS Update on eu.cvs.moodle.org and there are no updates since last week's update.

Does anybody know if the server is having problems? Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan Smith

Re: eu.cvs.moodle.org not updating?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The new branch is not even on cvs.moodle.org yet, let alone any of the mirrors.

Code is always sent to cvs.moodle.org a bit later than it is sent to git.moodle.org, because pushing to git.moodle.org takes seconds, and running the script to copy all the data into CVS takes over half an hour. (At least that is what I have picked up from comments Eloy has made.)

I don't know why there has been such a long delay in publishing to CVS this week, but I expect it will happen eventually.

In reply to Ryan Smith

by Aparup Banerjee -

Hello Ryan,

the git repositories have been updated because git is so awesomely fast.

Currently the cvs mirror script is running but is really really slow. (probably since i'm running the cvs sync for the first time). So no problems, just really slow but steadily going on.

I'm guessing it should complete in a few more hours. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Aparup Banerjee

by Ryan Smith -

Thanks for the help. I usually try the CVS mirror for updates after GIT has been updated for 3-4 hours.

I would love to switch to managing my install with GIT instead of CVS, but I still haven't seen good instructions for Windows like this:

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/CVS_for_Administrators

In reply to Ryan Smith

by Aparup Banerjee -

The weeklies have been pushed out onto CVS now.

Git for Administrators - there is a download link there to installation packages for Windows and other OSes. Once installed , there is virtually no difference between the OSes.