Block to show Courses only

Block to show Courses only

by Jason De Donno -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

I was looking for a block that can display on the front page and shows a list of courses that work as links?

At the moment, the course block shows course categories, and clicking on one of those takes you to another screen where you choose the course. Too many steps. I just want a list of courses (a bit like the combo list) in a block, where you click on the course you want and you right in there. is that possible?

What I am looking for is an alternative to displaying the courses on the main Front Page. I would rather have this space dedicated to news items only.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason De Donno

Re: Block to show Courses only

by Rosario Carcò -

I have developed a siteNavigation block to be combined with an own myCourses Block. Moodle 1.9.x

You have a lot of admin options to decide what to display exactly. Basically siteNavigation offers categories with or without displaying courses also for NOT LOGGED IN users, if you set the according options.

Porting to Moodle 2.x might be an option to think about.

In reply to Jason De Donno

by Marty Soupcoff -

See here where I answer another user's question that was very similar. It even mentions the block Rosario created.

P.S. If you are currently using the Courses block, it will show you all the course categories as an admin. If you are logged in as a student though and are enrolled in a couple courses, it should only show those courses as selectable links.

Happy Moodle Logooodling!

In reply to Marty Soupcoff

by Rosario Carcò -

The courses block you mention, is simply the port of the built in course list block of 1.9 which did not offer any of all the options I implemented in my own myCourses block.

Rosario