what is my course format

what is my course format

by Danilo Scuderoni -
Number of replies: 3

Hello I'm a new enthusiatic moodle user, 

I have to organize a weekly individual course. It means that for each person will start when ever the student will enroll and will have weekly topic. Eventually would be fine a course in topic which the student can see just the current topic, when he finishes the first will see the second. Is there any  way to make this kind of courses.

Thank you for your collaboration, I hope very soon I will be able to help others.

My best regards

Danilo Scuderoni

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Danilo Scuderoni

Re: what is my course format

by Itamar Tzadok -

No way with current standard formats and afaik also not with available contributed formats.

But just to clarify, do you want a weekly interval (per user) or a self-paced interval?

There is a huge difference. A per user weekly interval may be implemented in the course format level. But self-pace goes into the realm of conditional activities or rather for your purpose conditional topics.

Currently there cannot be genuine conditional topics without some serious hacks into the core. But if the course structure is not too complex you should be able to set conditions on the activities to achieve a close enough effect. smile

In reply to Danilo Scuderoni

Re: what is my course format

by Itamar Tzadok -

I've just added to my work-in-progress course format the option to set a current interval per user. So, if the interval is set to weekly and per user it will set the current topic by weeks from the user's enrolment time (other possible intervals are daily, monthly and custom). There is also an option to force the current topic such that the user will always see on the course site only the current topic.

But again, while this simplifies the user's view it does not yet prevent access to activities in non-current topics by direct urls. This is because access is conditioned by context and by (arguably shortsighted) design there is no context for course sections even though activities are essentially parented by the course sections.  smile