Using moodle v2.0.3+: Create theme using just html, css and javascript code?

Using moodle v2.0.3+: Create theme using just html, css and javascript code?

by Muhammad Omer Saleem -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I am using moodle 2.0.3+. I want to create a moodle theme using html, css and javascript code but without using a single word of php code. Please help me out how can it be achieved?

Thanks,

Omer

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Muhammad Omer Saleem

Re: Using moodle v2.0.3+: Create theme using just html, css and javascript code?

by Miriam Laidlaw -
Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle Themes require some PHP. A theme will not work without a config.php file to start with (amongst other required PHP files), and that is written in PHP.

If you are just wanting to edit a theme using CSS, you can take a third party theme and simply edit the style sheets to your heart's content, and you won't need to touch the PHP at all.

It is not recommended to directly edit a core Moodle theme, however.

In reply to Miriam Laidlaw

Re: Using moodle v2.0.3+: Create theme using just html, css and javascript code?

by Muhammad Omer Saleem -

Hi Miriam,

Really helpful.

Thanks a lot,

Omer

In reply to Muhammad Omer Saleem

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Muhammad,

It would be great if you would  "Rate"  Miriam's answer that you found useful, then she has a chance to become a "Most Helpful Moodler" as she has been a great help to this forum recently.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mohamed alam -

Thanks for the help you are awesome